skip navigation

Message from President: Tryouts, Registration & Board Members

By Kent Disch, 07/10/20, 11:00AM CDT


Dear SPSC Families, 
After a few weeks off, it is time for the return of the SPSC President's Message. There is a lot going on in the youth soccer world and I want to make sure you have the latest information.  
First and foremost, here is where we stand on COVID-19 and what we can and cannot do according to US Soccer, WYSA and Dane County. 
WYSA has moved to Phase II of the US Soccer “Play On” plan. However, with the recent spike in COVID cases in Dane County and related orders from Dane County-Madison Public Health, we will continue to be in Phase I and limited by Dane County orders. 
What does this mean? We can hold tryouts for the older kids next week, with some significant restrictions. Players will be spread out, there will not be any "game" situations and we will have multiple points of entry/exit to keep players and parents from congregating. 
As of now, we are still planning to have a fall season. Of course, there will be many meetings and discussions with WYSA and MAYSA in the next few weeks about when that season may be able to start, what it will look like. We will update membership as the situation evolves. Expect much more at the end of July and into August. 
U4-U10 Registration Deadlines Extended 
Due to the uncertainty of the situation right now, we have extended registration for U9/10 Academy players to July 15th and U4-U8 In-House players to July 31st. 
We will be doing everything within our power to hold the fall season - however that may look.  Also, please know that we are also prepared for a cancellation and full return of fees. If your child was planning to play in spring, we want to see them on the field this fall! 
You can register at 
U11+ Tryouts Next Week 
As I mentioned earlier, we are prepared to hold tryouts next week in full compliance with US Soccer, WYSA, MAYSA and Dane County rules and guidelines. 
The tryout schedule is available on the website and is as follows (all tryouts at Stoneridge Estates Park). If your child cannot Tryouts, please contact out Director of Coaching, Chad Wissler at ( 
Board of Directors Openings 
We have two spots open on the SPSC Board of Directors. If you have time and want to help, now is a great time to step up. Our ideal candidates would have some accounting/bookkeeping experience and/or fundraising experience. SOCCER knowledge and experience is NOT required. A passion to help the Club and our kids is also necessary. If you are interested in applying for a Board position, please contact either myself ( or Executive Director Tony Markell (
Business Partnerships Sought 
We need your help to find sponsors for the 2020/21 season. With the pandemic's impact on local businesses, we are being very sensitive in asking our friends for support. If you know a local business owner or own a local business that may support the Club, please contact me at We appreciate all of our sponsors and all of your support! 
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to get in touch. 
Stay safe, informed and healthy, 
Kent Disch 
President, Sun Prairie Soccer Club