Position: Communications Director
This is a key role in the success of the Sun Prairie Soccer Club. Communication is what keeps our membership aware and up to date with information. The primary responsibility of the SPSC Communications Director is to lead and execute strategies that both engage and inform members and potential members about all aspects of the club and it’s programs and activities through print, digital and social media platforms. This position would attend Board meetings; this is not a position that holds a vote on the Board. The position works for the Sun Prairie Soccer Board and Club, and is a paid position.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per week, and may increase or decrease during busier/slower times of the soccer season
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Experience in program communications and promotions across traditional, online and social media platforms.
- Leadership experience working collaboratively with volunteers, Board of Directors and program participants
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Lead and manage multiple projects in a timely and effective manner.
- Engage the community as a lead representative for the club through key networking opportunities (other local clubs and schools)
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field with 1-3 years related professional experience
- Strong individual and team player
- Ability to work effectively with volunteers
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, electronically and excellent presentation skills to a variety of audiences
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and deliver excellent customer service as the lead voice of the Club
- High level of integrity, diplomacy and initiative
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office & Google Suites required, with strong Excel/database management skills
- Graphic design skills preferred
- Ability to keep a flexible schedule that may include "non-traditional" hours and “on call” type atmosphere
Cover letter, resumes and any supplemental creative samples should be sent to Dave Melum, President, firstname.lastname@example.org.